Garage Sales or other sales involving the offering for sale of multiple items of personal property on property zoned and occupied as a residence shall require a permit and compliance with rules and regulations as set forth by the City Council in Section 620.230 "Garage Sales" of the Overland City Code;
Permit - Applications for Garage Sale Permit shall be made at the City Clerk's Office.
Fee - A permit fee of one dollar ($1.00) shall accompany the application.
Rules - All "Garage Sales" shall be subject to the following rules:
- No one shall accept to take in for sale, any goods from any commercial business or enterprise on a consignment basis.
- There shall be no display or sale of any property in the front yard of the premises.
- The property owner may install one (1) sign advertising the sale on the residential lot on which such sale is held and one (1) sign on a corner property providing permission is obtained from the property owner. Said signs shall not exceed two (2) feet by three (3) feet. Such signs shall be removed at the end of the last day upon which sale is held. Both signs shall identify the name and address of the property owner holding the sale.
- Not more than two (2) such sales per year shall be held at the premises if occupied by the same family or any member of such family.
- Any sale conducted pursuant to the provision hereof shall be confined to the period between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm of any day within the same week, but not necessarily consecutive days.
- Signs are prohibited on utility poles.
For additional information regarding Garage Sales contact the City Clerk’s Office, 9119 Lackland Road, Overland, MO 63114, Monday thru Friday from 8 am to 5 pm, or call (314) 428-4321. Parking for City Hall is available at the Community Center parking lot during business hours.
9119 Lackland Road, Overland, MO 63114 – (314) 428-4321(T) (314) 428-3515 (F)