Upcoming Special Events
It’s clean up time and the City of Overland is here to help its fellow residents with the Annual Spring Clean Up! This event is open to all Overland residents and an Overland identification will be required to par-take in this event. There is a limit of one (1) vehicle per family (sorry no box trucks allowed). The "Spring Clean Up" will begin on Saturday April 18, 2015 from 8 am - Noon at Legion Park (On West Milton, behind Legion Park).
Items that will be accepted are the following: scrap iron or steel, brush and tree limbs, appliances, and small junk items. Some items that will NOT be accepted are the following: hazardous materials, electronics, paint, and car parts. Trolling for Trash will be available for those who are disabled and need help, but sign up early because spaces are limited. Volunteers are needed to help with this event. Volunteer Applications are available at Overland City Hall. For more information or questions about this event, please contact Overland City Hall at 314-428-4321 during normal business hours.
- Event date: Saturday April 18, 2015 from 8 am - Noon at Legion Park
- Open to Overland Residents Only. (Proof of residency will be required)
- Registration is not required.
- Items not accepted: hazardous materials, electronics, paint, and car parts.
- Trolling for trash available for those who are disabled and need help. Registration is required through City Hall 314-428-4321.
- Volunteers are needed for this event. Please contact City Hall for details.
A full, fabulous day of slots, roulette and cards is scheduled for Overland residents on Tuesday April 21, 2015. Join us for a trip to the River City Casino in South City St. Louis and take advantage of round trip transportation, five hours of fun, and either a $10 Food Voucher for your restaurant of choice in the casino or 50% off the buffet– all for only $15 per person!! The bus will depart from the Overland Community Center, 9225 Lackland Road, at 9:00 a.m. and return around 3:00 p.m. This trip is limited to the first 55 people who sign up at the Overland Community Center. Your name, address, and date of birth will be needed at the time of registration. Plan to tell your friends and join us for a wonderful day at the casino. For more information, contact the Overland Community Center at 314-428-0490.
- Event Date: April 21, 2015 from 9 am - 3 pm to River City Casino
- Charter Bus departs the Overland Community Center at 9 am and returns around 3 pm.
- Must be 21yrs old to attend. Event is open to the public.
- Pre-registration with a valid photo ID and payment is required at the Overland Community Center by April 20, 2015.
- Cost: $15 per person (includes: round trip transportation, five hours of fun, and either a $10 Food Voucher for your choice of restaurant in the casino OR 50% off the buffet.)
- Cancellations less than 2 weeks prior to the event will result in no refund.
The Overland Summer Day Camp for Kids is here again! This year look for more great games, exciting field trips, and creative fun crafts! This 6 week day camp will be held at Mort Jacobs Park and Buder Elementary School, Monday thru Friday, from 9 a.m. till 3p.m. starting June 8, 2015 and continuing through till July 17, 2015. Our friendly and experienced staff will be there to assess your child’s needs with a strong commitment in providing a safe and secure environment. Registration will begin on April 14, 2015 at 7 am at the Overland Community Center and is open to all kids between the ages of 6-15 yrs old that reside within the Ritenour School District. For more information, please call 314-428-0490 or click on the link to check out our Summer Camp Page. http://www.overlandmo.org/index.aspx?nid=269
- 6 Week Outdoor Day Camp at Mort Jacobs Park
- After Camp available till 5:30 pm for an additional fee
- Camp Applications available for pickup starting April 13th!
- Camp Hours: 9 am - 3 pm
- Camp Session June 8 - July 17, 2015 *No camp on July 3rd
- Open to 113 campers ages 6-12 yrs old and 12 Jr Counselors ages 13-15 yrs old who reside in the Ritenour School District
- Registration begins April 14, 2015 at 7 am at the overland Community Center
- Required Documents: Current Occupancy Permit listing the child's name OR a valid Overland Community Center Membership Card for the child is required for residential verification, an up-to-date immunization list, completed camp application, and payment for the camp session.
Are you over the age of 55 and live in Overland? Celebrate the holidays with not just the family, but your fellow Overland residents in one of our famous holiday luncheons. Pre-registration is required, so please contact the Overland Community Center at 314-428-0490 for more information on how to sign up for this event.
- Thursday May 21, 2015
- At 12:30 pm
- Location: Overland Community Center
- Available to Overland Residents only at least 55 yrs. and older.
- Pre-Registration is required by May 15, 2015. Please call 314-428-0490