Upcoming Special Events
- Sr. Mom & Dad's Day Luncheon
- Kids Fishing Derby
- Overland / OBA Block Party
- Overland Kids Summer Day Camp
Are you over the age of 55 and live in Overland? Celebrate the holidays with not just the family, but your fellow Overland residents in one of our famous holiday luncheons. Pre-registration is required, so please contact the Overland Community Center at 314-428-0490 for more information on how to sign up for this event.
- Thursday May 21, 2015
- At 12:30 pm
- Location: Overland Community Center
- Available to Overland Residents only at least 55 yrs. and older.
- Pre-Registration is required by May 15, 2015. Please call 314-428-0490
“Reel it in!” The fish are hungry and they are ready to play, so the City of Overland is bringing back its annual Kid’s Fishing Derby. The Fishing Derby will take place on June 13 at Wild Acres Park from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. and is open to all kids between the ages of 3 – 16 years old. There will be goody bags for the first 200 pre-registered kids and three grand prizes for each child that is the top of the three age group categories. It is only $1.00 to register if you are an Overland resident and $2.00 if you’re a non-resident of Overland. Registration begins on May 11th and can be done at any of the following locations: The Overland Community Center, Overland Hardware, North Central Hobbies, or onsite on the morning of the event. This event is sponsored by the City of Overland and North Central Hobbies. Catch the big fish by registering today!
3 Age group Categories with prizes for each age group!
Additional BBQ, snacks, and drinks will be available for purchase onsite.
All children MUST be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian.
All Children MUST be registered to participate.
Cost: 1.00 per Overland Residents and $2.00 Non-Overland Residents.
Event Date: Saturday June 13, 2015 from 9-11 am at Wild Acres Park, 10400 Midland Blvd.
Free Hot Dog and Soda for all the registered Kids!
Goody Bag for the First 200 Pre-Registered Kids!
Missouri Department of Conservation Rules Apply. For a list of Derby Rules, please visit:
Open to all ages 3-16 years old. Event is open to the public.
Pre-registration can be done starting on May 11th at the Overland Community Center, North Central Hobbies, or at Overland Hardware. Registration can also be taken on the morning of the event at the Park prior to 8:45 am.
The Overland / OBA Block Party is scheduled for June 6, 2015 from 8 am - 10 pm at the 2500 Block of Woodson Road. There will be a parade, 5K Run/Walk, Food, Drinks, a Vintage Car Show, a Kids Fun area, live music, a Fire Truck Pull, and much more. For more information on times and details, please visit the OBA website at www.Overlandbiz.com
"A Look Back to the 1950's" Parade.
Event date: June 6, 2015 from 8 am - 11 pm at the Overland Municipal Lot, located at the 2500 Block of Woodson Road.
Food and Drinks Available for an additional Purchase.
For more information, please visit OBA online at www.overlandbiz.com
Joey Wasser 5K Run / Walk- Registration Required.
Live music by different bands.
No Admission Fee Required.
Vintage Car Show, Kids Fun Area, and a Fire Truck Pull Competition (Pre-registration Required at: https://somo.org/truckpull ).
The Overland Summer Day Camp for Kids is here again! This year look for more great games, exciting field trips, and creative fun crafts! This 6 week day camp will be held at Mort Jacobs Park and Buder Elementary School, Monday thru Friday, from 9 a.m. till 3p.m. starting June 8, 2015 and continuing through till July 17, 2015. Our friendly and experienced staff will be there to assess your child’s needs with a strong commitment in providing a safe and secure environment. Registration will begin on April 14, 2015 at 7 am at the Overland Community Center and is open to all kids between the ages of 6-15 yrs old that reside within the Ritenour School District. For more information, please call 314-428-0490 or click on the link to check out our Summer Camp Page. http://www.overlandmo.org/index.aspx?nid=269
- 6 Week Outdoor Day Camp at Mort Jacobs Park
- After Camp available till 5:30 pm for an additional fee
- Camp Applications available for pickup starting April 13th!
- Camp Hours: 9 am - 3 pm
- Camp Session June 8 - July 17, 2015 *No camp on July 3rd
- Open to 113 campers ages 6-12 yrs old and 12 Jr Counselors ages 13-15 yrs old who reside in the Ritenour School District
- Registration begins April 14, 2015 at 7 am at the overland Community Center
- Required Documents: Current Occupancy Permit listing the child's name OR a valid Overland Community Center Membership Card for the child is required for residential verification, an up-to-date immunization list, completed camp application, and payment for the camp session.