The net will be set up in the gymnasium for pick-up play on a first come/first serve basis. If more than one group want to play, please be courteous and rotate play. If Pickleball grows we will institute a registration process.
Players must bring their own equipment to play. The Overland Community Center will have a few paddles available for rent on a first come first serve basis and a limited number of indoor balls will be available for additional purchase onsite (when in stock). Please return the paddles after play to the front desk prior to leaving.
The gymnasium court is mapped out for 3 pickleball courts. Official Pickleball rules will be on hand at the Front Desk.
Check out more information about Pickleball, How to Play, Official Rules, Court Layout, and more on the USA Pickleball Association Website
The Five Basic Pickleball Rules Are:
- Serving must be underhand from the baseline, diagonally crosscourt, and the serve cannot land in the no-volley zone (kitchen).
- The serving player/team must let the return of serve bounce.
- The ball must stay in bounds during play and bounce no more than once per side.
- Players cannot hit the ball in the air when in the kitchen.
- Games are played to 11, win by two. Points are only scored by the serving player/team. There are more rules to the game, but these five will help you to get started. Have fun!